List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:August 17 2009 9:10am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi, Haihao!

On Aug 17, Haihao Tang wrote:

> KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
> ==============================
> 1. Add index for tables: TABLES, TABLE_NAMES and PARTITIONS;
> 2. Run lots of test cases. The result is shown below:
>
> TABLE: xxxtable;
> Sequential scan: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable;
> Non-sequential scan: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable ORDER BY xxxfield;
> Index: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable WHERE xxfield = "xxx";
> S: support
> N: not support

What happens if you run, say, your ORDER BY query on
GLOBAL_STATUS table ?

>     TABLE            Sequential scan       Non-sequential scan       Index
> GLOBAL_STATUS            S                      N                       N
>
> Table TABLE_NAMES only support one index: TABLE_SCHEMA field.
> Because it is used for: SHOW TABLE FROM xxxDATABASE;
>
> 2. How should I do more test?
> 3. Last time, you said there are some memory leak, and where can you see it?

make sure you build mysqld with safemalloc, e.g.

   ./configure --with-debug=full

or run your program under valgrind

> 4. In the last 7 days, what should I do?

I'll review the patch of my other student first (it's completely ready),
so you'll have a couple of days to fix some loose ends.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug