List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haihao Tang Date:August 17 2009 7:16am
Subject:GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
==============================
1. Add index for tables: TABLES, TABLE_NAMES and PARTITIONS;
2. Run lots of test cases. The result is shown below:

TABLE: xxxtable;
Sequential scan: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable;
Non-sequential scan: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable ORDER BY xxxfield;
Index: SELECT * FROM INFOSCHEMA.xxxtable WHERE xxfield = "xxx";
S: support
N: not support

    TABLE                         Sequential scan       Non-sequential
scan       Index
CHARACTER_SETS                  S
S                        N
COL_CHA_SET_APP                 S
S                       N
COLLATIONS                            S
S                       N
COLUMN_PRIVILEGES             S
S                      N
ENGINES                                 S
S                       N
GLOBAL_STATUS                    S
N                        N
GLOBAL_VARIABLES
S                                  N                        N
OPEN_TABLES                        S
PLUGINS                                  S
S                         N
PROCESSLIST
S                                   S                         N
SESSION_STATUS                   S
N                         N
SESSION_VARIABLES              S
N                        N
STATUS
S                                   N                        N
VARIABLES                              S
N                        N

TABLES
S                                   S                        S
PARTITIONS                              S
S                        S
TABLE_NAMES                         S
S                       Partial

Table TABLE_NAMES only support one index: TABLE_SCHEMA field.
Because it is used for: SHOW TABLE FROM xxxDATABASE;

KEY CONCERNS
============
1. I have posted SCA in 19 May. I send a mail to sun_ca@stripped with my
signature in a PDF file. Should I do it again?
2. How should I do more test?
3. Last time, you said there are some memory leak, and where can you see it?
4. In the last 7 days, what should I do?
5. Can I pass the final evaluation? ^_^

Regards,
Robin.

Thread
GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug
  • Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik17 Aug
    • Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug
Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug