List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:August 11 2009 3:51pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: GSoC Week 14 - August 2 - August 9 per query variable settings
View as plain text
Hi, Joseph!

On Aug 10, Joseph Lukas wrote:
> A quick question on 9. SET STATEMENT var1=... FOR SET SESSION var=...
> I thought about this one for a little bit in which you change the same
> variable 2 times.  This statement I know would execute as: it would
> store the current variable, the SET SESSION would override the
> temporary set but would return to the old setting at the end not the
> one after the FOR.  I am unsure if I should have coded for this to
> change to the SET SESSION after the running of the function.  This
> would also be true if a stored procedure contained a SET SESSION that
> had a SET STATEMENT on the outside of execute. I figured that this
> would have been described in how the function works and not to do it.
> I would believe that the same variable would not be changed in the
> statement in 99.99% of the queries. This would be unless they wanted
> to override the SET inside the procedure and return to original then
> they would use a SET STATEMENT which may be useful in rare cases.

Eh... first I don't see a question here :)

Anyway, I think the behavior you've implemented is fine - it's a corner
case anyway, and what is "correct" here can be argued about.

Still, please add such a test to the test file. To show that such a
syntax is possible, it doesn't cause a crash, it produces the expected
(by the implementor, at least) results.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
Fwd: GSoC Week 14 - August 2 - August 9| per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas10 Aug