List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:August 6 2009 8:23am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 13 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi, Haihao!

On Aug 04, Haihao Tang wrote:
> I am so sorry. It should be week 13 report, instead of 12.

no problem :)

> > KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
> > ==============================
> > Analysed get_all_tables() and all I_S tables based on file system.
> > Added I_S tables: TABLE_NAMES, PARTITIONS, TABLES and VIEWS.
> > TABLE_NAMES and PARTITIONS work well, but TABLES and VIEWS do not.
>
> I have fixed bugs of TABLE and VIEWS. But new bug is shown.
> If run "SELECT * FROM information_schema.TABLES" or "SELECT * FROM
> INFOSCHEMA.TABLES" more than 2 times,
> MySQL server will crash on "Field::clone". The problem should be issued by
> infoschema_discover, which does not set field->ptr right, like
> the bug we meet before. But I check infoschema_discover many times, I can't
> find what is wrong.

I'll check it out and reply later today

> 3. I have added lots of xxxx_for_i_s functions in sql_show.cc. I think
> > it not good for plugin type. If I extract them into others file, there
> > are lots of variables and functions do not
> >    define or forword-definition errors.

I'll look at it, but in general it should not be a big problem -
information_schema isn't an ordinary plugin, it'll be tightly coupled to
a server anyway.

> > 4. The time line of GSoC says 17 Aug is the last evaluation, and 3
> > Sep we can post the code to Google. Between 17 Aug and 3 Sep, could
> > I continue coding? On 17 Aug, what kind of I_S storage engine do you
> > expect to see?

Certainly, you can. But it won't affect the final evaluation, which I'll
have to submit to Google before Aug. 24th.

I want to see TABLES engine working, with indexes. Other tables aren't
as important.

By the way, don't forget to run mysql-test suite ('make test' or
directly) once in a while, to make sure you didn't break anything.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
Re: GSoC Week 13 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang4 Aug