List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haihao Tang Date:August 3 2009 1:03pm
Subject:GSoC Week 12 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
==============================
Analysed get_all_tables() and all I_S tables based on file system.
Added I_S tables: TABLE_NAMES, PARTITIONS, TABLES and VIEWS.
TABLE_NAMES and PARTITIONS work well, but TABLES and VIEWS do not.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
===============================
Behind the schedule. I am speeding up.

KEY CONCERNS
============
1. I changed my Email address. Because my national email provider does
not support mail list very well and I find I have lost lots of msg
from internal mail lsit.

2. I implement I_S tables based on file systems like this:
  For non-index: In rnd_init, I_S storage engine make up all database
names and table names in List<LEX_STRING> structures.
                          In rnd_next, I_S storage engine walks
through all database names and table names to fetch specific data. You
can check the important function

                          get_all_tables_for_i_s() in sql_show.cc.
                          This method is easy to implement tables,
where a database name and a table name determine one row, like
TABLE_NAMES. But if one table contains

                          lots of rows, like TRIGGERS, COLUMNS and
etc, it is more complicated. Do you have any advices?
  For index: In index related functions, those functions make up
related database names and table names according by "WHERE .." and
"LIKE ..". The remaining is similar with

                  non-index.
  I have implemented TABLE_NAMES, PARTITIONS, TABLES and VIEWS, but no
index yet. If you agree with this, I will continue doing like this. If
you have time, could you take
  some time to check TABLES? Why does it crash. -_-!

3. I have added lots of xxxx_for_i_s functions in sql_show.cc. I think
it not good for plugin type. If I extract them into others file, there
are lots of variables and functions do not
   define or forword-definition errors.

4. The time line of GSoC says 17 Aug is the last evaluation, and 3 Sep
we can post the code to Google. Between 17 Aug and 3 Sep, could I
continue coding? On 17 Aug, what kind
  of I_S storage engine do you expect to see?

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
Continue to  implement TABLE and index.

Regards,
Robin

Thread
GSoC Week 12 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang3 Aug