List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Lukas Date:August 2 2009 8:48pm
Subject:GSoC Week 13 - July 27 - August 2 | per query variable settings
View as plain text
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
Finished primary code as will need to see if it holds up to tests
developed.  The different variable types will be the largest issue to
make sure they are being executed properly. The functions do work as
expected so far with primary testing in the various ITEM_INT as that
seems to be the one that is used the most.  I have an extremely basic
test file up and operating.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
Due to a few bugs testing got slightly delayed.

  I am still determining the tests that need to be run.  It seems less
of an issue of making the test vs knowing what to test, and the
variables to test.  I am familiar with the basic SQL commands but not
so much the different variables and possible settings.

KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
If testing goes well I am almost finished.

KEY CONCERNS
That since I have mainly only used basic SQL commands I need to learn
other parts of MySQL commands for testing.  I am looking into the
various statements I can make and hopefully will get a better
understanding quickly to test different combinations.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
Get testing up, running, and close to finished.  I am on a mini-
vacation and will be leaving Thursday night for an extended weekend I
will be working on testing but not as much as I would like to.  I will
hopefully get most of it done by Wednesday night to enjoy my weekend.
I will be in touch with Sergei to give my tests to for input on them
as well as other tests I should look into.  He obviously has much
better knowledge of MySQL functions to thoroughly test my command.
Thread
GSoC Week 13 - July 27 - August 2 | per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas2 Aug