List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:scut_tang Date:July 27 2009 12:23pm
Subject:GSoC Week 12 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
==============================
Added tables GLOBAL_STATUS, GLOBAL_VARIABLES, SESSION_STATUS, SESSION_VARIABLES, VARIABLES
and STATUS. Table STATUS will crash, but others work
well. I will find the bug these day.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
===============================
Behind the schedule. I am speeding up.

KEY CONCERNS
============
1. I have added lots of functions in sql_show.cc and sql_acl.cc, like fill_status_for_i_s,
fill_variables_for_i_s, show_var_array_for_i_s and etc. I want to exact all them into I_S
storage engine files, instead of MySQL server files. But the problems are variables and
class (struct)'s
definition, like some locks. Any advices?
2. "SHOW TABLES FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA" shows 30 tables, but schema_tables array contains
37 tables, where some tables are hidden. What is the purpose of hidding tables? For
privileges?
3. Today I start to analyse get_all_table (for table TABLE) and think about how to
implement index in my current framework.
   What are the meanings of process_table, idx_field and idx_field2? Those fields are used
a lot in get_all_tables.
4. All tables' rnd_pos and position are not finished yet for non-sequential scan. After
finishing rnd_next, I think they are easy to implement by exacting a same fetching data
function between rnd_pos and rnd_next. I want to focus on table TABLE and index's
implementation these days.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
Analyze and implement TABLE and index.

Regards,
Robin

Thread
GSoC Week 12 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang27 Jul
  • Re: GSoC Week 12 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik27 Jul