List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Lukas Date:July 26 2009 9:33pm
Subject:GSoC Week 12 - July 20 - July 26 | per query variable settings
View as plain text
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
I managed to get the variables to update by the standard update and
check functions.  It took a little doing but currently does work. I
implemented so far all variables in the system_variables struct of
type ulong, ulonglong, uint, my_bool.  This however is in name only as
I still have to associate them with the proper command line name as
some are different as my usual example sort_buffer_size ==
sortbuff_size.  The key seemed not to copy and change the value in the
set_var value variable but to make a new set_var with a new Item with
the old setting.  This is because there are a lot of different types
of the Item class and each can hold value differently and so this was
much simpler.  I do not like using a lot of if statements but I guess
that is what a switch statement is anyways. The issue for the plugin
variables though is going to be determining a type of Item to create.
Almost all are of type Item_int but still will cause issues.
Currently the parser builds the Item as it detects which rule it is
under but the rule may not be what the variable is stored as either.
For example it detects a NUM literal and is of a size that fits in INT
variable type and builds an item of INT type but the variable is of
type ulong and the variable currently stored will not fit in an INT
size.

  KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
  None so far but will stall on finding the type of variable a plugin
variable is as this is a required determinant in making a proper Item
the set_var constructor needs to setup properly and take advantage of
all current update functions.

  KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
  I should be able to find the remainder of the variable types to make
the necessary items for the Set_vars.

  KEY CONCERNS
  Determining the variable type of the plugin variables.  This will
make or break the entire setup as being able to make the ITEM of the
current setting is the critical point. I also have yet to know how to
move through the plugin variables list in order to even get to the
variables.  I also need to know the structure of the variable setup. I
see the variables->dynamic_variables has a pointer to the head of the
list but how is the structure defined to get the value of the dynamic
variable at all.  Is the setup inside like next, previous, value, name
etc.   This is really important to get this and I hope it is standard
in layout if not that will cause issues I do not know if I can work
around.

  TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
  Finish for the other variables.  Run test suite. Look at dynamic
variables as this will be an issue due to type unless it is stored
within the structure of the variable.
Thread
GSoC Week 12 - July 20 - July 26 | per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas26 Jul