List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahra Naeem Date:July 26 2009 8:18pm
Subject:July 28 - August1_KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST TWO WEEKS _Synchronizing
Databases and Tables
View as plain text
Hi all,

Certain issues took me so much time to resolve them that I could
not determine any key accomplishments.

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST TWO WEEKS
1. Created the branch for "Synchronizing databases and tables".
2. Finally, I was able to retrieve values through URL, and use them in order
to make the "Apply Selected Changes" button working.
3. I have added the code for the "More than one primary key" scenario.
4. I have also refactored the Update Array and Insert Array structures to
hold the values for multiple primary keys.
5. I have been able to remove almost all the warnings from my piece of code.
6. I hav also worked on finding the structure difference, saving the
difference and applying it. But the difference so far is limited to just the
fields(keys and non-keys), not handled the foreign key and
index scenarios.

ISSUES THAT STALLED LAST TWO  WEEKS
Issues that stalled last week were that of the foreign key issues. Marc and
Michal both, have indicated certain functions and queries but I am still
unable to retreive the columns that have a foriegn key constraint on them.
"Apply Selected Changes" button still requires certain refactoring.

KEY CONCERNS
--------------------------
My key concern is to find out the way I can get the foreign key issue
resolved because a lot of the structure difference scenarios depend upon it.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR UPCOMING WEEK
1. Working on the index difference between table columns. Saving the
difference.
2. Creating the appropriate alter and create queries for applying the
difference and testing the queries on the query builder.
3. Also making certain UI changes to make the design more interactive.
4. Planning something about the settings required before synchronizing
database (regarding previously saved data in the target    database).

Regards,
Zahra

Thread
July 28 - August1_KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST TWO WEEKS _Synchronizing Databases and TablesZahra Naeem26 Jul