List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:July 21 2009 5:45pm
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 11 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi, scut_tang!

On Jul 20, scut_tang wrote:

> KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
> ==============================
> 1. Got rid of intermediate items completely in infoschema_discover;

good.

> 2. Add table COLLATION_CHARACTER_SET_APPLICABILITY, COLUMN_PRIVILEGES,
> OPEN_TABLES and PLUGINS and they seem wok well;

good.

> KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
> ===============================
> According to schedule, I should finish all I_S tables fetching data
> functions. Unluky, I just have finished 7 I_S tables: ENGINES,
> COLLATIONS, CHARACTER_SETS, COLLATION_CHARACTER_SET_APPLICABILITY,
> COLUMN_PRIVILEGES, OPEN_TABLES and PLUGINS.  The remaning look more
> complex, but I am speeding up.

Good.
Try to do TABLES - let's see how filesystem-based data fit in your
framework.

> KEY CONCERNS
> ============
> 1. In infoschema_discover, I take all fields whose type are
> MYSQL_TYPE_STRING into Field_varstring and no Field_blob, regardless
> of field's lengh. Is it any problem?

Yes, I think.
blobs may be needed for certain very long fields.
Why did you disable them - any particular problem you had with blobs ?

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
GSoC Week 11 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang20 Jul