List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Lukas Date:July 19 2009 4:23pm
Subject:GSoC Week 11 - July 13 - July 19 | per query variable settings
View as plain text
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
Looking further into the set_var class structure as this will be key
to triggering all the proper reset functions for the variables.  I
also removed the additional system_variables struct from the THD.
Not much actual code work as looking into more of the structures that
make up set_var.  It looks like the main part is the public variable
value inside set_var this is of type Item * which contains the values
to be set.  Currently though it appears that the value inside the Item
class is of type String stored inside of str_value.  So far I assume
this is where the value is stored and is converted to the proper type
later.  The idea is now that I find the associated current value
before the change takes place I have to convert it to a string and
insert it into set_var's  var->value->str_value since so far I do not
see where the value is stored elsewhere inside of set_var class.  If I
am wrong please inform me where the value is stored inside set_var
class.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
Properly getting and resetting the variables to perform after update
functions.  I need to find where in set_var the value is stored.  I
may have found it but I am not too sure as printing values stored
inside of the structures is a pain.  I am not used to performing print
operations on structures not using the C++ standard library and it is
frustrating. Many of the variable names I assume store what I think
but they are not very descriptive always in the code so I am only
making guesses.  If I do not get the right values or types inserted
nothing will work properly anyways.  There also may be structures
inside of it that are not even used I assume all of them are.  Not all
system variables are of the same type and there seems to be some ways
this is taken into account so far it looks like the Lex string from
the parser is inserted as a string into the item then a type is
defined and this is converted later into bool, ulong, or other types.
If this works out to be the case fine. If not then this will be what I
am working on. I can only guess what the names mean and so what they
are used for.  Not too many comments in the code give a really good
variable dictionary of the variables purpose, guessing is not always
the best idea.

KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
None so far as I am back in the hole of getting the current setting
before changing it and putting it in the set_var structure to use the
update functions at the end to reset the variables to previous
settings.  This is my biggest roadblock and it has not gone well for
the past few weeks.

KEY CONCERNS
I did not even know of the future plugin settings that are going to
have to be looked at.  That is on hold since I need to get past my
current issue before looking at the other.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
Getting the current session value stored inside a set_var structure
properly to call proper update functions.

Overall:

Thread
GSoC Week 11 - July 13 - July 19 | per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas19 Jul
  • Re: GSoC Week 11 - July 13 - July 19 | per query variable settingsSergei Golubchik20 Jul
    • Re: GSoC Week 11 - July 13 - July 19 | per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas20 Jul