List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexander Rutkowski Date:July 12 2009 7:46pm
Subject:GSoC 2009 - tracking mechanism for PhpMyAdmin (Mid Term Evaluation)
View as plain text
Hi all,

I finished my part for Googles mid term evaluation.
Please feel free to try out my code, you will find it here:

http://trackingmech.blogspot.com/

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEKS
==============================
Finished following functionalities:
- Tables can be tracked by mechanism now
- System logs data definition and data manipulation statements:
INSERT, UDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE, ALTER TABLE, RENAME TABLE
- Tracking can be activated for a subset of these commands
- Tables with active tracking are marked with an "eye" icon.
- Simple versioning system. User can create new tracking versions.
- Deactivation and Reactivation of tracking jobs is possible.
- Simple schema (structure) snapshot, uses SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM and
      SHOW INDEX FROM
- When user is selecting a tracked table, a notice will printed out
- Switching between tables within a database is possible
- Tracking report is available. Contains dates and statements.
- Simple export form added, it can be used for undo action.
(structure only|data only|both) -> (SQL dump|SQL execution)
- Date_from - Date_to range selection for exports added.

KEY CONCERNS
============
I want to teach the tracker more SQL statements:
ALTER VIEW, CREATE INDEX, DROP INDEX

Tracker should handle whole databases.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK(S)
=============================
- Evaluate your feedback to my PMA_Tracker
- Localize english-only strings
- Add more export possibilities
- Snapshot comparison would be fine
- Prettify some layout elements

I hope you are happy about the new Tracker, please send me your
feedback. I need it for a successful progress.

Thank you very much and my best regards

Alexander Rutkowski

Thread
GSoC 2009 - tracking mechanism for PhpMyAdmin (Mid Term Evaluation)Alexander Rutkowski12 Jul