List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahra Naeem Date:July 6 2009 9:43pm
Subject:July 6 to11 _ KEY_ ACCOMPLISHMENTS_ / Synchronizing Databases and
Tables
View as plain text
 Hi,

 KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
  ==============================
  I have coded GUI 2 doing all the following major functionalities:

 I was able to make the "Synchronize databases" button functioning i.e. by
pressing this button    both the databases are being synchronized
completely.

 Any synchronization type selected against any table of the source database,
shows its information   displayed underneath the display table along with a
check box as soon as it is selected.

 A select All link also exists that checks all the check boxes in particular
DOM object.

 I was abe to display buttons for applicable types of synchronization in
front of each table in source database and they are made functioning also.

The code does work well for connection to a remote server if both the
servers are on windows XP platform.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
===============================
 I still need to see the pear coding conventions thoroughly, although I have
followed many of the pear conventions so far in latest  code.

KEY CONCERNS
============
Make the "Apply changes" button functioning.
Check the issues with the remote server.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
==========================
1. Apply changes button should become functioning.

2. Refactoring the code written so far by:

 Applying all the applicable pear coding conventions.

 Change the data structure of update array.

 Try to work for the case when synchronizing table either has
 a composite primary key or does not have a primary ket at all.

Regards,
Zahra

Thread
July 6 to11 _ KEY_ ACCOMPLISHMENTS_ / Synchronizing Databases and TablesZahra Naeem6 Jul