List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Lukas Date:July 5 2009 6:13pm
Subject:FW: GSoC Week 9 - June 30 - July 5 | per query variable settings
View as plain text
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
   Finally have a branch posted on launchpad and it actually works (so far).
I have begun looking at the remaining implementation although was confused
originally but is cleared up thanks to Sergei and the note from Jay.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
    Originally looking at verifying data sent to my functions. This was
stalled due to bazaar launchpad issues especially to submit before midterm
evals.

Having an issue with making my List. I currently tried to make a
List<set_var> but keep getting an error that my var_list contains
<set_var_base> types and cannot convert.  This confuses me as even in the
parser definitions from sql_yacc.yy all new variables are set_var that are
pushed into the list.  As coded

simple_option_type_value:

    internal_variable_name equal set_expr_or_default

    {

        LEX *lex=Lex;

        set_var *var= new set_var(OPT_SESSION, $1.var, &$1.base_name, $3);

        if (var == NULL)

            MYSQL_YYABORT;

        lex->var_list.push_back(var);

    }

    ;

It seems set_var would be in var_list. I am looking at the select statements
but so far have not seen them set any Var_list_base.  Based on the
inheritance diagram var_list inherits var_list_base but has the options for
var, & base that are used in the parse statement above.  I have not found
the select statements so far to use a set_var_base for anything but I could
be mistaken. For verification I simply wabig nted to print var and base for
now. The example of sql_set_variables() was a help. I may not need to do
verification I can see I should only need to use var->update(thd) to set.
So this is now debatable if I should verify or simply attempt to set.

KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
    I am getting how to use List a little more as this has been a learning
curve in never using them. I am also getting ideas for implementation I hope
to give to Sergei this week.

KEY CONCERNS
  Depending on data verification needs I can be back on track shortly. I am
slightly behind schedule but I can make up for it I am sure. The main reason
for verification is so I can see the list setup and decide on ways for
implementation. Still my base knowledge of the List may allow for ideas to
be made and suggested.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
  Since more of the remaining parts are based on implementation I need to
get a few implementation ideas to Sergei.

Overall:
Simply a little confused on why the List is a set_var_base not <set_var> as
they are shown to be pushed. As this shows me the class heirarchy
http://mysql.lamphost.net/sources/doxygen/mysql-5.1/classset__var.html

So set_var inherits set_var_base which is why I have an error. Just confused
a little.

Thread