List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:scut_tang Date:June 30 2009 8:25am
Subject:GSoC Week 8 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hey,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
=============================
Almost finish infoschema_discover function, but meet some problems in debugging.
It will be described in KEY CONCERNS section.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
==============================
May be I should perfect discover function.

KEY CONCERNS
============
1.I want to know more about how to debug MySQL internal. Before this project, I always
used gdb to debug mysqld and it worked well.
  But in this project, I meet some problems. For example, the source code like:
  if(compare_names(db, INFOSCHEMA_NAME.str) != 0)
      DBUG_RETURN(NULL);
  ……
  DBUG_RETURN(share);
  If db does not equal to INFOSCHEMA_NAME.str, it will return null. But in debugging, it
jumps to last statement DBUG_RETURN(share) any way.
  Sometimes some statements will display and run in gdb 2-3 times.
  Does the source code text file have some problems? Sergei, how do you debug MySQL
internal?
2. What kinds of members in TABLE_SHARE must be initialized in open_table? In my discover,
I fill TABLE_SHARE members:
   share->mem_root; share->field; share->fields; share->key_info;
share->keys; share->set_table_cache_key;
   share->version; share->table_space; share->table_map_id;
share->LOCK_ha_data; share->null_fields;
   share->blob_fields; share->db_plugin; share->reclength;
share->rec_buff_length;
   Because I can not still push my branch, I write these here.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
Finish open operations and all I_S tables' definitions and use them to test discover.

Regards,
Robin.

Thread
GSoC Week 8 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang30 Jun
  • Re:GSoC Week 8 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang30 Jun
  • Re:GSoC Week 8 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang1 Jul
  • Re: GSoC Week 8 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik4 Jul