I being a hearty "Hello!" from everybody at phpMyAdmin.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
1) Extending the import library with the necessary functions to handle
my MySQL type-detection algorithm.
2) Creating and optimizing an XML import plug-in which utilizes the
3) Beginning to modify the CSV import plug-in to utilize my library extensions.
KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
Removing the XML import plug-in's dependency on SimpleXML and
bypassing the PMA_importGetNextChunk function. Although this would
mean a wild amount of string detection, manipulation, and algorithmic
night-terrors as I slowly went insane. My optimizations seem to have
cleared up any existing memory issues, so this probably will not be
New import interface, or no new import interface? That is the question.
TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
1) Make further optimizations to the import library extensions.
2) Determine the best course of action regarding the import interface.
3) Finishing the CSV import improvements.
4) Modifying the XML export plug-in to include a database/table
structure section to improve the ease and accuracy of importing PMA