List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahra Naeem Date:June 22 2009 9:13pm
Subject:Jun 21 to 27_ KEY_ ACCOMPLISHMENTS_ / Synchronizing Databases and
Tables
View as plain text
Hi,

KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
==============================

Accessed the data from the source and target databases.
Mapped the matching and non-matching tables from the source and target
databases assuming that the tables are structurally and type wise same.
Found and successfully saved data difference in target and source database
tables.
Sent my first patch to my mentor, today.

KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
===============================

Unable to fetch the values of the form through $_REQUEST or
$_POST variables, for further usage  e.g. while finding data difference.
Did not validate my server information form in GUI 1 for a remote server.

KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
===================
I have gone through almost all the verification and validation functions but
now I think that the approach that I have selected does not require all
those functions.

KEY CONCERNS
============
I really need to make the data_diff.php (Patch 1 file) by resolving the
issue of retrieving data through $_REQUEST or $_POST variables.I feel that
the require_once function call is making some kind of interruption.

The server information form needs to be validated for the remote server as
well.

TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
==========================
Make appropriate changes in coding approach as well as the code as per the
suggestions from the mentor.
Review the code of GUI 1 and code it according to PMA.
Coding and testing the corresponding queries required to apply the data
difference between the target and source databases.
Start to code GUI 2.

Regards,
Zahra

Thread
Jun 21 to 27_ KEY_ ACCOMPLISHMENTS_ / Synchronizing Databases and TablesZahra Naeem22 Jun