List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:scut_tang Date:June 16 2009 8:25am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 6 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi, Zahra,
You could use gdb to debug the MySQL server like this: set breakpoints in some storage
engine.
For example of CREATE operation:
gdb mysqld
b ha_heap::create
Then you could run "CREATE TABLE t1(id INT) ENGINE=HEAP;", the server will be stopped in
create, and you use "bt" to see the  process of creation.
The server will create a new thread for client, and analyse query statement, and then
execute the statement.
In creation process, it will fill lots of structures, like HA_CREATE_INFO, TABLE,
TABLE_SHARE and create frm file.
You can see these in source code.

Regards.
Robin.

网易全新推出企业邮箱
Thread
GSoC Week 6 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang15 Jun
Re: GSoC Week 6 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang16 Jun