List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:June 1 2009 5:52am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi

On 01/06/2009, at 2:55 PM, scut_tang wrote:
> 4. You said it is good for a clear API for I_S plugins, separate
> from server internals. But I think there must be some special for
> I_S   storage engine. Because before "SELECT * FROM database.table",
> "USE database" must perform. So user must perform "USE
> INFORMATION_SCHEMA" before a query of I_S table, and this is not
> like the current style.

If you do SELECT * FROM dbname.tblname then it's not necessary to do
USE dbname first.
If you just to SELECT * FROM tblname then it is necessary to select a
default database name first.
 From that perspective, the current I_S behaves just like any other
database.
And the server won't care that it's implemented by an engine later
rather than by a hack in sql_show.cc ;-)

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org

Thread
GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang1 Jun
  • Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage engineArjen Lentz1 Jun
  • Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik1 Jun
    • Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang2 Jun
      • Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik2 Jun
Re: GSoC Week 4 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang1 Jun