KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
More clear about the old and new implementation of I_S.
Extend the part of old implementation of wiki.
Push the code to:
But it is just a skeleton, renamed from example storage engine.
KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
Think about new implementation of Sergei's idea and have a blueprint in my mind, which
will write into wiki.
1. Does the I_S storage engine support write/update? For what situation? I think all I_S
table would be readonly.
2. What does the table descriptor in the wiki mean? Is it a new one or TABLE struture?
3. I want to define I_S table like the old implementation, which has field definition and
some callbacks. Does it work? And how is the index
4. You said it is good for a clear API for I_S plugins, separate from server internals.
But I think there must be some special for I_S storage engine. Because before "SELECT *
FROM database.table", "USE database" must perform. So user must perform "USE
INFORMATION_SCHEMA" before a query of I_S table, and this is not like the current style.
5. Will perfschema storage engine formally enter into MySQL code base in the future? I saw
some storage engines in mysql-6.0-perfschema have some variables about perfschema. My
source code is based on mysql-6.0-perfschema.
TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
1. Finish I_S tables' definition in the storage engine, If I have enough time, I want to
think or finish OPEN operation.
2. Continue to think new implementation and extend wiki.