List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:May 25 2009 9:51am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 3 - May 18 -24 | per query variable settings
View as plain text
Hi, Joseph!

On May 23, Joseph Lukas wrote:
> KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
> Discovered more about how MySQl executes commands.
> I did not know that the parser also launched the command functions.

sql_parse.cc isn't a "parser", the parser strictly speaking is
sql_yacc.yy

> KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
> Getting a better idea of how to implement how to set the variables and
> run the select since they are all connected Lex's I may break up the parse
> tree to create one for SET and one for SELECT to send to their functions.
> It should just involve modifying pointers I would think.  Now that I type
> that in here I will be wrong very wrong and lead to 2 weeks of frustration.

To avoid losing two weeks :) you may want to share your ideas before
trying to implement them. Discussing the solution before implementing is
often useful even for experienced MySQL developers.

> On my proposed schedule:
> Develop initial system base :: Est. May 24 - June 30
> Skeleton Code in place - this will be sooner as it is easier than expected
> MySQL recognizes empty function command - done already
> executes minmal test block such as creates output test file - soon
> command set as reserved word - done
> functions in SQL command - kinda done (blows up after parser but does make it)
> verify data sent, and data structure - will work on soon

Looks good.

Did you use bzr before ?
You'll need to have your branch published on launchpad.

Base your branch on 6.0 - that is, branch lp:mysql-server/6.0
and push it as a new branch on launchpad, then you can work in this your
branch, make changes and push when you think it's necessary.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
GSoC Week 3 - May 18 -24 | per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas23 May