List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:May 18 2009 8:44am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 2 - per query variable settings
View as plain text
Hi, Joseph!

>   KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
>     Parsing based on the original statement design.
>        -Will be fixed in new statement design of SET STATEMENT .... SELECT
>     Basic test  plan in my schedule will need to be pushed back until more
> base code is developed and the process better understood.

For tests - see mysql-test/
You'll need to add your .test file to mysql-test/t/
and a result file in mysql-test/r

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysqltest/en/index.html for details.

>   KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
>  Understanding the parser and getting it to parse exactly as needed seems
> to be a big part of the equation initially and seems to be going better. I
> feel the new statement design implementation in the parser will go much
> better this time.

great

>   KEY CONCERNS
>   Properly setting up the LEX as to make sure SELECT and SET do not override
> the sql_command->MY_COMMAND that I insert in the parsing process to make
> sure my command will run.

Right, you cannot put SQLCOM_SET_OPTION in sql_command, because it'll be
overwritten by the main statement. You have to store it elsewhere.

And, of course, if you have questions - ask.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
GSoC Week 2 - per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas16 May