List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:May 18 2009 8:36am
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 2 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text
Hi, scut_tang!

On May 16, scut_tang wrote:

> KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
> ==============================
> 1. Because I don't totally understand how the I_S tables data come
> from and obtain, the overall design of I_S storage engine is slow.

If you don't understand something - please ask. In email or on irc.

> KEY CONCERNS
> ============
> 1. How the I_S tables data come from and obtain, and how to implement?

This shouldn't be your concern at this stage. Simply assume that there
is some callback function that will provide the data.

> 2. How to define the "always" fixed table structure, and how to relate
> the fixed table structures with table descriptor?

See how it's done in the current implementation.
It's in sql_show.cc, search, for example, for engines_fields_info.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
GSoC Week 2 - I_S/P_S storage enginescut_tang16 May