List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Lukas Date:May 16 2009 5:13pm
Subject:GSoC Week 2 - per query variable settings
View as plain text
  KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS LAST WEEK
    Developed further understanding of the BISON parser.
    Developed a new found respect for the code contained in MySQL and how
impressive and extensive it is.

  KEY TASKS THAT STALLED LAST WEEK
    Parsing based on the original statement design.
       -Will be fixed in new statement design of SET STATEMENT .... SELECT
    Basic test  plan in my schedule will need to be pushed back until more
base code is developed and the process better understood.

  KEY GOOD VIBRATIONS
    Understanding the parser and getting it to parse exactly as needed seems
to be a big part of the equation initially and seems to be going better. I
feel the new statement design implementation in the parser will go much
better this time.

  KEY CONCERNS
  Properly setting up the LEX as to make sure SELECT and SET do not override
the sql_command->MY_COMMAND that I insert in the parsing process to make
sure my command will run.

Fell a little behind in checking out the other parts of code while focusing
on the parser.

  TASKS IN THE UPCOMING WEEK
  A proper parse of the new statement design and have a debugger yell at me
cause it does not know what sql_command is in the LEX yet.

    Begin to get further in-depth with the code as to discover more about
what MYSQL does passed the parser.

Go into more depth on the LEX structure and the THD class I will need to
understand in order to properly execute my function.

(and sorry about not filling this out I though the reports started the week
of the 23rd)
I also cc'd colin@stripped as I believe the website says to.

Thread
GSoC Week 2 - per query variable settingsJoseph Lukas16 May
  • Re: GSoC Week 2 - per query variable settingsSergei Golubchik18 May