List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:March 30 2009 6:06am
Subject:Re: Could I propose my own storage engine as a new project?
View as plain text
Hi, scut_tang!

On Mar 30, scut_tang wrote:
> Hello Sir,
> I am a master student from Department of Computer Science and
> Technology South China University of Technology. I am writing a
> parallel storage engine for multi-core sysytems. The storage engine is
> for mass data and has multithreaded disk buffer, multithreaded batch
> linear hashing and multithreaded batch B+-tree indices. Especially, it
> has a multithreaded scheduler. Those components have good performance,
> and some of them are written to papers which are indexed by EI. Now
> the storage engine is  at the merging into MySQL server stage. I found
> the projects list that they were not suitable for me. Could I propose
> this storage engine as a new project? We have  detailed design
> documents, some experimental data and papers.

Uh.
Sure, you can propose that.
But I would recommend to choose something simpler and with a smaller
scope. You'll have a better chance of finishing it in time (the summer
is short!). And because of that - a higher chance of having your
proposal accepted.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer