List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raj Kissu Date:June 4 2008 8:25am
Subject:Re: MySQL Sandbox (WAS: Re: Fwd: GSoC Weekly Report - Week 1)
View as plain text
Hi Colin,

Just tried out MySQL Sandbox, and it works like a charm! Easy to setup, easy
to use.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will try VirtualBox as well!

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Colin Charles <colin@stripped> wrote:

> On 6/3/08 Raj Kissu wrote:
> Hi!
> This applies to all students, so please read...
>    - Install and learn to use QEMU on Fedora. This way I can setup a MySQL
>>   binary on a virtual OS running on the same machine (my laptop) without
>>   having to manage the mess of handling multiple MySQL binaries
> Please let me introduce you to MySQL Sandbox
> Its easy to use, and you don't have to muck around with any virtualization
> at all. In fact, you can have MySQL running in a "sandbox" environment in
> under 5 seconds :)
> Read:
> Also, for virtualization, consider VirtualBox :)
> It comes with a GUI, and I've had more success with it on Fedora than kvm,
> to install things like Windows... kvm works fine for Linuxes, but VirtualBox
> is just more integrated and works well for all sorts of varied guests (save
> for the 64-bit guests at the moment)
> Hope this helps!
> --
> Colin Charles, Community Relations Manager, APAC
> Database Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.,
> Tel: +6012 204 3201 (Malaysia) | colincharles (Skype)
> Web:
> MySQL Forge:

Fwd: GSoC Weekly Report - Week 1Raj Kissu2 Jun
  • MySQL Sandbox (WAS: Re: Fwd: GSoC Weekly Report - Week 1)Colin Charles3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Sandbox (WAS: Re: Fwd: GSoC Weekly Report - Week 1)Raj Kissu4 Jun