List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Schramm Date:November 21 2007 2:22pm
Subject:Re: replication on Linux broken after db restore
View as plain text
It would be interesting to know what kind of setup exactly you have?
Can you send your config files?

Assuming you have a master-slave-configuration with 1 master and 1
slave, It is very likely, that if you put in your dump on both servers,
you cause errors.
Because if you write on the master, it will automatically replicate the
date to the slave.
If you then insert the same data on the slave again, this may cause
duplicate entries.

What you can temporarily do is to set the option
slave-skip-errors=1062
in your /etc/mysql/my.cnf.

This will make the server ignore duplicate entries.
But be aware that this may not be a good solution for production systems.

Then you have to restart mysqld and the slave.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Christian Schramm
<http://www.cplinux.de>

FMGreen schrieb:
> Hi there,
> I have inherited two Redhat replicated servers running a helpdesk app (the
> person who set them up has left the company) and replication has broken.  I
> know next to nothing about mysql/replication so am in need of help.  The
> problem seemed to originate with a crash which caused a duplicate entry into
> the db.  Anyway, I have restored the db on each server (using the same
> mysqldump) so they should be identical.  The restore is from Nov 14th.  What
> is confusing me is that when I do 'show slave status' it gives an error in
> the database with a 'ticket create date' (as I said, it's a helpdesk system)
> of Nov 16th - 2 days later than my restore.  It's as if replication is
> picking up a cached version of the original database rather than using the
> restored version.  I'm a newbie so if anyone could shed some light on what
> is happening it would be much appreciated.  Many thanks!

Thread
replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen21 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoremartín arrieta21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreJan Bruvoll23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreMarcus Bointon23 Nov
        • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen22 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm22 Nov