List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:martín arrieta Date:November 21 2007 2:13pm
Subject:Re: replication on Linux broken after db restore
View as plain text
Hi,

If you have all config (in my.cnf files) done. You can do:

In master db run:
mysql> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK;

mysql > SHOW MASTER STATUS;
+---------------+----------+--------------+------------------+
| File          | Position | Binlog_Do_DB | Binlog_Ignore_DB |
+---------------+----------+--------------+------------------+
| mysql-bin.003 | 73       | test         | manual,mysql     |
+---------------+----------+--------------+------------------+

make a dump of master database

mysql> UNLOCK TABLES;

Then you have to restore the slave db from the master db dump

In slave db run:
mysql> CHANGE MASTER TO
    ->     MASTER_HOST='master_host_name',
    ->     MASTER_USER='replication_user_name',
    ->     MASTER_PASSWORD='replication_password',
    ->     MASTER_LOG_FILE='mysql-bin.003',
    ->     MASTER_LOG_POS=73;
(replace this values with the result of "show master status command" )

mysql>START SLAVE;

done

Anyway I recommend you to check
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto.html it is a really
good guide.

Bye.

On 21/11/2007, FMGreen <florinda.green@stripped> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I have inherited two Redhat replicated servers running a helpdesk app (the
> person who set them up has left the company) and replication has
broken.  I
> know next to nothing about mysql/replication so am in need of help.  The
> problem seemed to originate with a crash which caused a duplicate entry
into
> the db.  Anyway, I have restored the db on each server (using the same
> mysqldump) so they should be identical.  The restore is from Nov
14th.  What
> is confusing me is that when I do 'show slave status' it gives an error in
> the database with a 'ticket create date' (as I said, it's a helpdesk
system)
> of Nov 16th - 2 days later than my restore.  It's as if replication is
> picking up a cached version of the original database rather than using the
> restored version.  I'm a newbie so if anyone could shed some light on what
> is happening it would be much appreciated.  Many thanks!
http://lists.mysql.com/replication?unsub=1

Thread
replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen21 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoremartín arrieta21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreJan Bruvoll23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreMarcus Bointon23 Nov
        • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen22 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm22 Nov