List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:FMGreen Date:November 21 2007 1:26pm
Subject:replication on Linux broken after db restore
View as plain text
Hi there,
I have inherited two Redhat replicated servers running a helpdesk app (the
person who set them up has left the company) and replication has broken.  I
know next to nothing about mysql/replication so am in need of help.  The
problem seemed to originate with a crash which caused a duplicate entry into
the db.  Anyway, I have restored the db on each server (using the same
mysqldump) so they should be identical.  The restore is from Nov 14th.  What
is confusing me is that when I do 'show slave status' it gives an error in
the database with a 'ticket create date' (as I said, it's a helpdesk system)
of Nov 16th - 2 days later than my restore.  It's as if replication is
picking up a cached version of the original database rather than using the
restored version.  I'm a newbie so if anyone could shed some light on what
is happening it would be much appreciated.  Many thanks!

replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen21 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoremartín arrieta21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreJan Bruvoll23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreMarcus Bointon23 Nov
        • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen22 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm22 Nov