List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christoph Lechner Date:November 15 2007 8:12pm
Subject:Re: Replication breaks with error 1406 when confronted with Umlauts
View as plain text
Marcus Bointon wrote:
> > Having said all that, I don't know why this should have any bearing on
> > the replication problem.
Actually this MySQL server isn't in production use at the moment. So I'd
guess the problem occurred when we inserted some data for our
application. I've fixed up my Terminal  settings, so when running other
applications on the Terminal (like vim) the Umlauts look correct now.
But SHOW SLAVE STATUS still gives scrambled Umlauts, the error message
still being the same.

The problem is that the replication works only as long as there aren't
any Umlauts in the MySQL queries. The first Umlaut kills the replication
process returning error 1406 and the error message contains the broken
Umlaut ü.

> > Any help?
Hope this helps somewhat  :)  Maybe my first posting caused some
confusion, making this problem appear as a client side problem...

CU
- C. Lechner

Thread
Replication breaks with error 1406 when confronted with UmlautsChristoph Lechner15 Nov
  • Re: Replication breaks with error 1406 when confronted with UmlautsMarcus Bointon15 Nov
    • Re: Replication breaks with error 1406 when confronted with UmlautsChristoph Lechner15 Nov