List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oriol Capsada Date:October 31 2007 4:30pm
Subject:Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the server
View as plain text
Marcus Bointon wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2007, at 15:56, Oriol Capsada wrote:
>
>> At this point my1 does not contain the information of the insert1
>> because it has been deleted (it was replicated from my2), but it is
>> contained in the my2. Now we have an inconsistency...
>

> That's not a replication problem, it's a transaction problem. If those
> statements were wrapped in a a transaction, either all of them or none
> of them would happen, thus avoiding your problem altogether.
>
> I use circular replication a lot for this kind of stuff because I can
> switch my clients between masters at any time and then restart the
> inactive master to pick up new settings without any downtime.
>
> Marcus

I understand you, but it's not possible to aggregate the statements in
one transaction, as it's not really the same transaction.

I suppose that I'll have to reboot the master and have some downtime.

Regards,
Oriol.
Thread
Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverNorbert Tretkowski31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • RE: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverRick James31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
      • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverMarcus Bointon31 Oct
        • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct