List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:October 31 2007 4:16pm
Subject:Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the server
View as plain text
On 31 Oct 2007, at 15:56, Oriol Capsada wrote:

> At this point my1 does not contain the information of the insert1
> because it has been deleted (it was replicated from my2), but it is
> contained in the my2. Now we have an inconsistency...

That's not a replication problem, it's a transaction problem. If those
statements were wrapped in a a transaction, either all of them or none
of them would happen, thus avoiding your problem altogether.

I use circular replication a lot for this kind of stuff because I can
switch my clients between masters at any time and then restart the
inactive master to pick up new settings without any downtime.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverNorbert Tretkowski31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • RE: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverRick James31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
      • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverMarcus Bointon31 Oct
        • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct