List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oriol Capsada Date:October 31 2007 11:51am
Subject:Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the server
View as plain text
Eric Frazier wrote:
> Oriol Capsada wrote:
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> Ok, when I said reboot the server I was referring to restart the
>> mysql proceess. I see that my expression was not clear enough :)
>>
>> And I would prefer not to restart the mysql process because some
>> services may not have persistent connections. Therefore, if I restart
>> the server those connections would be lost...
>>
>> So, any way to add the database without having to restart the mysql
>> process?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oriol.
>>
>> Norbert Tretkowski wrote:

>>> You don't need to reboot the whole server, it's enough to restart just
>>> the mysqld server process (e.g. with '/etc/init.d/mysql restart').
>>>
>>>     Norbert
>>>

> You just need to NOT specify all of the dbs you are replicating. It is
> like a tradition that people do that, but not needed. Once you specify
> one DB however, you imply that the others are not to be replicated. I
> have done this before and create database statements do get replicated
> as well.
>
> Eric

As DBs can't be added without rebooting I suppose that this is what I am
finally going to do, not specify the DB names and replicate all of them.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,
Oriol.

Thread
Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverNorbert Tretkowski31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
  • RE: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverRick James31 Oct
    • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct
      • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverMarcus Bointon31 Oct
        • Re: Add a replicated DB w/o rebooting the serverOriol Capsada31 Oct