List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:October 10 2007 6:33pm
Subject:Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????
View as plain text
On 10 Oct 2007, at 19:13, Rick James wrote:

> Stopping the master before dumping is important because of un-flushed
> data sitting in various caches.  Stopping clients to the master is
> probably not sufficient.  FLUSH TABLES WITH READLOCK "should" be as
> good
> as stopping the master, but I don't trust it.

Something I'd like to have confirmed is whether (assuming that
everything is in InnoDB) 'mysqldump --single-transaction --master-
data' will produce a consistent dump suitable for loading up a slave.
If so, it would make things much simpler, and remove the need to lock
tables or deny access while extracting the data.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Replication Stopping at position before it started????Jesse10 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Nicklas Westerlund10 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Jesse10 Oct
    • RE: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Rick James10 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Jesse10 Oct
    • RE: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Rick James10 Oct
      • Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Marcus Bointon10 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping at position before it started????Jesse11 Oct