List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:October 8 2007 6:10pm
Subject:Re: How to set up Users for Replication
View as plain text
On 8 Oct 2007, at 18:43, Jesse wrote:

> In reading through the instructions for setting up replication, it
> recommends setting up a user that will be used just for
> replication.  So, I created a user named Replication and did a
> "GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON..." command.  However, the instructions
> don't say if I need to do this on the slave, or on the master, or
> both.  Also, do I create a Replication@LocalHost on the slave and a
> Replication@myserver on the master?  or create a
> Replication@myserver on both master and server, or a
> Replication@localhost on both?
>
> Also, should the GRAND REPLICATION SLAVE ON... command be executed
> on the master or the slave or both?

On the server. Think of the slave as a client that needs to log in to
the master to fetch updates, and just as you might expect, you need
to set permissions on the server, and use them in your CHANGE MASTER
options on the slave.

The only time you would need them on both is if you were doing
circular replication.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

How to set up Users for ReplicationJesse8 Oct
  • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationMarcus Bointon8 Oct
  • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationJesse8 Oct
    • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationMarcus Bointon8 Oct