List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:October 8 2007 5:43pm
Subject:How to set up Users for Replication
View as plain text
In reading through the instructions for setting up replication, it
recommends setting up a user that will be used just for replication.  So, I
created a user named Replication and did a "GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON..."
command.  However, the instructions don't say if I need to do this on the
slave, or on the master, or both.  Also, do I create a Replication@LocalHost
on the slave and a Replication@myserver on the master?  or create a
Replication@myserver on both master and server, or a Replication@localhost
on both?

Also, should the GRAND REPLICATION SLAVE ON... command be executed on the
master or the slave or both?

The instructions don't seem very clear on this.

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
How to set up Users for ReplicationJesse8 Oct
  • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationMarcus Bointon8 Oct
  • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationJesse8 Oct
    • Re: How to set up Users for ReplicationMarcus Bointon8 Oct