List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Database System Date:October 4 2007 2:05pm
Subject:Re: Adding a DB to a replication set
View as plain text
I think the process could be simpler:

1. Add new database name in my.cnf files.
2. Restart servers without stop/start replication.
3. Create new database on one of the master, it should
be automatically replicated to another server.
4. Do whatever you need to do on the new dadtabase.

Lisa

--- Hartleigh Burton <hburton@stripped>
wrote:

> I would first of all create the databases as you
> have done on both
> servers, then edit the my.cnf file on the slave...
>
> replicate-do-db = existingdatabasethatisreplicating
> replicate-do-db = newdatabasethatyouwanttoreplicate
> (each database
> does need to be specified in a new replicate-do-db
> line)
> report-host         = 192.168.1.15 (address of
> master server for
> reporting)
>
> then on the slave do...
>
> mysql > stop slave;
> mysql > show slave status\G (to make sure it is not
> running)
>
> restart mysql on slave and show status again...
>
> mysql> show slave status\G
> *************************** 1. row
> ***************************
>               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to
> send event
>                  Master_Host: 192.168.1.15
>                  Master_User: slaveuser
>                  Master_Port: 3306
>                Connect_Retry: 60
>              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000004
>          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 206957999
>               Relay_Log_File:
> grumpy-relay-bin.000231
>                Relay_Log_Pos: 39338
>        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000004
>             Slave_IO_Running: Yes
>            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
>              Replicate_Do_DB:

existingdatabasethatisreplicating,newdatabasethatyouwanttoreplicate,exis

tingdatabasethatisreplicating,newdatabasethatyouwanttoreplicate
>          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
>           Replicate_Do_Table:
>       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
>      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
> Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
>                   Last_Errno: 0
>                   Last_Error:
>                 Skip_Counter: 0
>          Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 206957999
>              Relay_Log_Space: 39338
>              Until_Condition: None
>               Until_Log_File:
>                Until_Log_Pos: 0
>           Master_SSL_Allowed: No
>           Master_SSL_CA_File:
>           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
>              Master_SSL_Cert:
>            Master_SSL_Cipher:
>               Master_SSL_Key:
>        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> you should notice that replication has automatically
> started with the
> server and is running with the new database listed.
> hope this helps.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on
us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

Thread
Adding a DB to a replication setMarcus Bointon4 Oct
  • Re: Adding a DB to a replication setHartleigh Burton4 Oct
    • Re: Adding a DB to a replication setDatabase System4 Oct