List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars Thalmann Date:January 26 2005 12:13pm
Subject:Re: Replication tool for Master/Slaves on Win32?
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm not aware of any specific tool, but from what you
write, it seems you can handle it by:

1. Enable binlogging on all "slaves"
2. Have the "offsite master" connect as slave to one "slave" at
   the time in a round-robin fashion.  For this you need to
   write a script.
3. When closing each connection you need to record what the binlog
   position was so that next connection will resume where the
   old one left off.

At the same time you could have replicaton from the "offsite master"
to the "slaves" with a restiction on what tables etc should be
replicated.  Note that care must be taken so that you don't
replicate same information back-and-forth between a
"slave"-"offline master" connection.  This can be done by
ensuring that different slaves are responsible for updating
different data and each "slave" only receive updates on
tables it is not "responsible" for.

Best wishes,
Lars

--