List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 19 2014 1:26pm
Subject:Re: Mysql replication setup
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Truls Bergskaug" <truls@stripped>
> Subject: Re: Mysql replication setup
>
> This will only work for MyISAM tables. Using InnoDB tables will require
> a dump and import of the data to be safe.

I'm aware that flush table quiesces the datafiles but not InnoDB's background threads.
However, given that you're taking the iblog files along with this procedure, InnoDB will
recover on startup, and given that it is a journaling engine, nothing should be lost -
the global lock can only go into effect when all pending transactions have either
committed or rolled back.

I'll admit a caveat for extremely busy instances and unusually high log sync intervals,
though. If you want to be entirely certain, you can shut down the daemon for the second
rsync round - assuming the business allows this; it'll still be faster than a full locked
dump.

Mysql replication setupBalogh Péter17 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql replication setupshawn l.green17 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql replication setupJohan De Meersman18 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql replication setupshawn l.green19 Feb 2014
        • Re: Mysql replication setupJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014
          • Re: Mysql replication setupshawn l.green19 Feb 2014
            • Re: Mysql replication setupJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql replication setupJohan De Meersman18 Feb 2014
Re: Mysql replication setupJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014
Re: Mysql replication setupBalogh Péter23 Feb 2014