List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:December 18 2013 2:38pm
Subject:Re: replication problem's with data base mysql
View as plain text

On 12/18/2013 9:07 AM, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 18 Dec 2013, at 14:57, Shawn Green <shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:
>
>> The correct (file,position) coordinates would have been at position 4 of the
> first Binary Log your master created after you restarted it. You cannot capture a valid
> file-level copy of a running mysqld instance without taking some serious precautions. The
> most assured way of getting a clean copy file-level copy is with MySQL stopped.
>
> I'd strongly recommend not using mysqldump at all for setting up slaves. Use
> Percona's xtrabackup to take a snapshot of the master (safe to do while it's running),
> then restore it on the slave. This is both more reliable and *much* faster than doing a
> dump and restore.
>
> Marcus

This works because the Xtrabackup product does take those "serious
precautions" I mentioned. It is still possible (but much less
convenient) to take a non-automated file-level without shutting down a
running MySQL instance by using only SQL statements and operating system
commands. If you did this different kind of backup, you would use a
different set of Binary Log coordinates than what I explained in my
earlier response.

Customers with an actual support contract can also perform hot backups
with the official MySQL Enterprise Backup program.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-enterprise-backup/3.9/en/index.html

Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN
Thread
replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles17 Dec
  • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green17 Dec
  • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles18 Dec
    • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green18 Dec
      • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlMarcus Bointon18 Dec
        • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green18 Dec
Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles20 Dec