List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:December 18 2013 2:07pm
Subject:Re: replication problem's with data base mysql
View as plain text
On 18 Dec 2013, at 14:57, Shawn Green <shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:

> The correct (file,position) coordinates would have been at position 4 of the first
> Binary Log your master created after you restarted it. You cannot capture a valid
> file-level copy of a running mysqld instance without taking some serious precautions. The
> most assured way of getting a clean copy file-level copy is with MySQL stopped.

I'd strongly recommend not using mysqldump at all for setting up slaves. Use Percona's
xtrabackup to take a snapshot of the master (safe to do while it's running), then restore
it on the slave. This is both more reliable and *much* faster than doing a dump and
restore.

Marcus

replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles17 Dec
  • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green17 Dec
  • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles18 Dec
    • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green18 Dec
      • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlMarcus Bointon18 Dec
        • Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlShawn Green18 Dec
Re: replication problem's with data base mysqlChristophe Carles20 Dec