List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Regan Yelcich Date:November 18 2013 1:21am
Subject:old master to slave?
View as plain text
Can someone explain the process I should go through to bring an "old" master back online
as a "slave" after a successful failover using mysql-master-ha? I'm unsure exactly which
log file and position I should be using to get it all re-syncing again with the new
master? The server will obviously have a lot of the data already onboard, so it just
needs to pick up where it left off when starting to sync from the new master. Would I do
a "show master status" on the NEW master to get the log file name only, and do the same
on the OLD master to get the Position? Or what should I be doing?
Thanks.
Thread
old master to slave?Regan Yelcich18 Nov
  • Re: old master to slave?Johan De Meersman18 Nov