List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shayne.alone@gmail.com Date:September 16 2013 11:40am
Subject:Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brain
View as plain text
if you can make an script to lock the databases one by one, dump the locked
one and directly pipe it to slave server...
but you will have some problem on replication thread is this way unless
control the databases listed in replication thread to be replicated!

ex:
while dbx in $(DBsList)
do
lock all DB on Master and wait the slave to fully sync
stop slave replication
check the master position
unlock all locked db unless the dbx
dump dbx and directly pipe it on slave server!
all dbx to replication thread on slave and start slave thread
and wait to sync
done
## it's just an on the fly idea! maybe have some bugs...(but i hope not)

Regards,
Ali R. Taleghani
(+98)939.770.5885
@linkedIn <http://ir.linkedin.com/in/taleghani>

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM, nik600 <nik600@stripped> wrote:

> I'm looking at the fastes solution to re-sync a SLAVE node after a
> split-brain.
>
> I have 300 databases with 80 GB of data, as i want to miminize the
> down-time on the master node i'd like to:
>
> 1) run a first rsync from master to slave
> 2) shut down the master
> 3) run a 2nd rsync
> 4) start the slave
> 5) start the master
>
> is this the correct way?
>
> can i simply lock all write command to the master at step 2 instead of
> shutting down it?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> nik600
> http://www.kumbe.it

Thread
use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainnik60016 Sep
  • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainWalter Heck16 Sep
    • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainJohan De Meersman16 Sep
      • RE: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainRick James16 Sep
  • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainshayne.alone@gmail.com16 Sep