List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:September 16 2013 11:22am
Subject:Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brain
View as plain text
If you use xtrabackup you can do this non-blocking, giving you a bit more
time. So first take an xtrabackup from the running master, rsync that to
the slaves and restore it there. It can even store the binlog position so
it becomes easy to start the slave replication after restoring the backup
on the master and let it catch up by itself.

cheers,

--
Best regards,

Walter Heck
CEO / Founder OlinData <http://olindata.com/?src=wh_gapp> - Open Source
Training & Consulting

Check out our upcoming Drupal and Puppet
trainings<http://olindata.com/?src=wh_gapp#calendar-icon-title>

Thread
use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainnik60016 Sep
  • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainWalter Heck16 Sep
    • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainJohan De Meersman16 Sep
      • RE: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainRick James16 Sep
  • Re: use rsync to fast sync a SLAVE node after a split-brainshayne.alone@gmail.com16 Sep