List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kaushal Shriyan Date:September 14 2013 4:04am
Subject:Re: MySQL Master and Slave Replication
View as plain text
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Manuel Arostegui <manuel@stripped> wrote:

> 2013/9/13 Andrew Morgan <andrew.morgan@stripped>
>
>> I'm not going to argue against the importance of backups but in addition,
>> MySQL 5.6 added an additional option in delayed replication (
>>
> http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-replication/delayed-replication-in-mysql-5-6-development-release/-
> note that though the blog post is looking at the 5.6 DMR, it did make it
>> into MySQL 5.6 GA). Configure one of you slaves to delay applying
>> replication events from its relay log and this gives you a configurable
>> window to identify a problem with your master's data and stop it being
>> applied to that slave.
>

> If you don't have 5.6 yet you can always use Percona Toolkit to keep your
> slave delayed if you want to use it as a backup.
>
> http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.2/pt-slave-delay.html
>
> Cheers
> Manuel.
>

> --
> Manuel Aróstegui
> Systems Team
> tuenti.com

Hi Again,

I am running MySQL DB version mysql55-5.5.33-1.ius.el6.x86_64 on CentOS 6.4
for OTRS application. Do i need to have full backup on weekends and
incremental backups on weekdays as part of backup policy and restore the
backup to check for integrity of data.
Please suggest.

Regards,

Kaushal

Thread
MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
    • RE: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationAndrew Morgan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationManuel Arostegui13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan14 Sep
          • Fwd: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationValerie Parham-Thompson14 Sep
    • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman15 Sep