List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:September 13 2013 9:28am
Subject:Re: MySQL Master and Slave Replication
View as plain text
2013/9/13 Andrew Morgan <andrew.morgan@stripped>

> I'm not going to argue against the importance of backups but in addition,
> MySQL 5.6 added an additional option in delayed replication (
>
> http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-replication/delayed-replication-in-mysql-5-6-development-release/-
> note that though the blog post is looking at the 5.6 DMR, it did make it
> into MySQL 5.6 GA). Configure one of you slaves to delay applying
> replication events from its relay log and this gives you a configurable
> window to identify a problem with your master's data and stop it being
> applied to that slave.

If you don't have 5.6 yet you can always use Percona Toolkit to keep your
slave delayed if you want to use it as a backup.

http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.2/pt-slave-delay.html

Cheers
Manuel.

--
Manuel Aróstegui
Systems Team

Thread
MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
    • RE: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationAndrew Morgan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationManuel Arostegui13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan14 Sep
          • Fwd: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationValerie Parham-Thompson14 Sep
    • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman15 Sep