List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:September 13 2013 7:11am
Subject:RE: MySQL Master and Slave Replication
View as plain text
I'm not going to argue against the importance of backups but in addition, MySQL 5.6 added
an additional option in delayed replication
(http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-replication/delayed-replication-in-mysql-5-6-development-release/
- note that though the blog post is looking at the 5.6 DMR, it did make it into MySQL 5.6
GA). Configure one of you slaves to delay applying replication events from its relay log
and this gives you a configurable window to identify a problem with your master's data
and stop it being applied to that slave.

Andrew.

MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
    • RE: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationAndrew Morgan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationManuel Arostegui13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan14 Sep
          • Fwd: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationValerie Parham-Thompson14 Sep
    • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationKaushal Shriyan13 Sep
Re: MySQL Master and Slave ReplicationJohan De Meersman15 Sep