List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shayne.alone@gmail.com Date:January 8 2013 5:23am
Subject:Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Master
View as plain text
Dear Rick;
thanks for you reply.
I will try to explain what I did before, depend on your idea:

I use xfs as file system to maximize the I/O performance on disk
Disk are hardware raided with BBCW
2x 600GB (RAID 1) 15K
** operation system
** ralay logs
6x 300GB (RAID 10) 15K
** Mysql DATA (ibdata and tables data)

I had been enabled file_per_table and partitioned the large tables to
lookup faster
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 0   ( to not to commit per transaction )
innodb_flush_support_xa = 0  ( to not to sync file system and log files per
transaction )
innodb_flush_method =O_DSYNC ( to import disk utilization )
and enabled the Large File large-pages
cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i huge
AnonHugePages:   6326272 kB
HugePages_Total:   61440
HugePages_Free:    59727
HugePages_Rsvd:    51106
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
and set the innodb buffer pool to 100GB ( which is using huge block is
memory as mentioned above)

write now when I start the replication, disk utilization is finally some
about %30
and just one of the 24Cores are under the load of about (70% :-S && I don't
know why it dose not read 100% load ( this core seem to be in use with SQL
thread   )
cos I have just one DB to be replication ( totally about 800GB ) the new
multi thread capability dose not changed any things for me.

regard to what I explained:
Plan A is Done
Plan B is Done
Plan C is in progress
  ** but I didn't still split tables is septate DB ( software team
challenges :-) )
Pan D this is what I am reading some about yesterday and like to test

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Rick James <rjames@stripped> wrote:

> Plan A:  Minimize I/O on Slaves:
> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
> sync_binlog = 0
> innodb_doublewrite = OFF
> (If a slave crashes, it may be best to reclone it rather than hope that
> these performance settings did not lose data.)
>
> Plan B:  Faster Hardware on Slaves.
>
> Plan C:  Pave the way for 5.6:
> Move tables to different databases.
> Change the code to reference the tables thus:  dbname.tblname
>
> Plan D:  If the Slaves are I/O-bound:
> Seems like there is a script (in Python?) that peeks in the relay log,
> turns queries into SELECTs, does the SELECTs -- thereby priming the
> buffer_pool using a separate thread.

Ali R. Taleghani

Thread
Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com7 Jan
  • RE: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterRick James7 Jan
    • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com8 Jan
      • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterAlex Yurchenko8 Jan
        • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com8 Jan
          • RE: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterRick James8 Jan
      • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterManuel Arostegui10 Jan
    • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterSimon J Mudd10 Jan