List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:January 7 2013 10:15pm
Subject:RE: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Master
View as plain text
Plan A:  Minimize I/O on Slaves:
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
sync_binlog = 0
innodb_doublewrite = OFF
(If a slave crashes, it may be best to reclone it rather than hope that these performance settings did not lose data.)

Plan B:  Faster Hardware on Slaves.

Plan C:  Pave the way for 5.6:
Move tables to different databases.
Change the code to reference the tables thus:  dbname.tblname

Plan D:  If the Slaves are I/O-bound:
Seems like there is a script (in Python?) that peeks in the relay log, turns queries into SELECTs, does the SELECTs -- thereby priming the buffer_pool using a separate thread.

Thread
Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com7 Jan
  • RE: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterRick James7 Jan
    • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com8 Jan
      • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterAlex Yurchenko8 Jan
        • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one Mastershayne.alone@gmail.com8 Jan
          • RE: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterRick James8 Jan
      • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterManuel Arostegui10 Jan
    • Re: Replicating on multiple Slaves DB from one MasterSimon J Mudd10 Jan