List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:October 11 2012 2:28pm
Subject:Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storage
View as plain text
2012/10/11 Oriol Martí <omarti@stripped>

> Hello,
>
> I've to make a HA mysql, for me the scalability it's not important because
> it's not an environment with a lot of queries.
>
> I've thinked about, and I think that the best solution is to mount an
> master-slave arquitecture, and if the master goes down, promote the slave
> to master. Monitoring this case, after manually we can put the master with
> slave status and recover the environment.
>
> What do you think that's the best tool to do this? Pacemaker or Red Hat
> Cluster Suite? Does anybody knows some example of configurations?

Hello Oriol,

There are several ways to it automatically moving just a VIP:

- mmm
- Pacemaker
- Keepalived
etc

Whatever solution you finally go for...make sure you handle correctly the
read_only option - as typically the slaves are recommended to have it ON.
So when promoting a slave automatically (or manually) make sure you or your
tool set it to OFF before moving the VIP to the new master.

Hope this helps,
Manuel.

Thread
Best solution for a HA without shared storageOriol Martí11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageMat Keep11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageManuel Arostegui11 Oct
    • RE: Best solution for a HA without shared storageRick James11 Oct
      • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageManuel Arostegui11 Oct
  • Re: Best solution for a HA without shared storageAlfie John11 Oct